English Language Tests
All foreign national and permanent resident applicants are required to provide a score from one the following English language tests taken within the last two years:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - a minimum score of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based) is required.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)- a minimum score of 7.0 is required.
- Duolingo - a minimum score of 125 is required.
Exceptions for the English language requirement include:
- You have a conferred degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
- You are a citizen of a country in which English is the primary official language.
- You received a degree in a country in which English is the primary official language.
- You received your degree from an international government-recognized/accredited school where all courses were taught in English (Waiver required).
If you are an international applicant or attended a foreign university, please follow the guidelines for foreign transcripts, which are available on the Graduate School website.