Lorena A. Bailey
Dr. Lorena Bailey is an Assistant Professor at the Army Baylor University Graduate Program in Health and Business Administration since 2016. She holds a BS in Management/Healthcare, a Dual MA in Health Services Management and Human Resources Development, a MEd in Adult and Higher Education, and earned a PhD in Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching from the University of Texas San Antonio. Dr. Bailey is a retired Medical Service Corps officer with over 25 years of service to the United States Air Force.
Dr. Bailey’s dissertation research explored military faculty turnover and its effect on student learning in a competency development framework. Her research interests include access to care and health disparities in minority populations, educational outcomes in underrepresented student populations, as well as competency development and assessment. Dr. Bailey is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives, the American Educational Research Association, and the Textbook and Academic Authors Association. Dr. Bailey currently serves as the Mentoring Director for the South Texas Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
- 2020 - Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- 2015 - M.Ed., Adult and Higher Education, University of Houston Victoria, Victoria, TX
- 1996 - M.A.-Health Services Management and Human Resources Development, Webster University, St. Louis, MO
- 1993 - B.S., Management/Health Care, Park University, Parkville, MO
- U.S. Health Care Systems
- Seminar in HR Management
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Textbook and Academic Authors Association
- American Educational Research Association