Clinical Assistant Professor
Michal Horton is a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics. She teaches business communication through writing-centered approaches. She has also developed an internship pathway for this class, connecting students to industry experience through an experiential course design.
Horton consults for startup companies, offering editing and writing services in the following areas: mission statements, web copy, investor pitches and more. This work keeps her involved and up to date in industry.
- 2020 – PhD, Rhetoric and Composition, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- 2015 – MA, English, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, Arkansas
- 2020 – BA, English, Harding University, Searcy, Arkansas
- BUS 3315, Business Communication
- Writing pedagogy
- Professional writing
- Horton, M. (2021). The theme course: Speculating on its history, surveying current practice, and encouraging a reflective methodology. Pedagogy: Critical Approaches to Teaching Literature, Language, Composition, and Culture, 21(1), 135-57