Graduate Program Director; Clinical Professor
Tim Thomasson, CPA, started his career as a tax associate with Price Waterhouse LP, eventually reaching the position of Manager before moving to another firm. After spending more than six years in public accounting, Thomasson assumed the role of tax director for a publicly-traded Houston company in the offshore drilling industry. After serving seven years in the role of tax director and then VP-Tax and Controller, Thomasson and his family relocated to Waco, Texas, where he opened his own CPA firm. Thomasson still practices through this firm, providing financial consulting, tax consulting and tax compliance services to business entities and individuals.
- 1992 – Master of Taxation, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- 1991 – BBA, Accounting, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- ACC 2303 – Financial Accounting
- ACC 3304 – Introduction to Federal Taxation
- ACC 5340 – Tax Considerations in Business Decisions
- ACC 5362 – Partnership and S Corporation Taxation
- ACC 5365 – Advanced Individual Taxation
- Tax Policy
- Disclosure of Accounting for Income Taxes
- Academic Cases
- Carpenter, D. & Thomasson, T. (2021), Economic Stimulus and Tax Extenders Ride the Coattails of Government Funding in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 ,Today’s CPA, 48(4), 20-28.
- Carpenter, D. & Thomasson, T. (2021), $1.9 Trillion American Rescue Plan Act Continues the Pattern of Stimulating the Economy Through Tax Policy, Today’s CPA, 48(6), 26-30.
- Thomasson, T. & Carpenter, D. (2020), Cares Act Provides Benefits and Incentives to Both Businesses and Individuals to Ease the Economic Impact of Covid-19, Today’s CPA, 47(6), 22-25.
- Brown, O., Lail, B., MacGregor, J., & Thomasson, T. (2020), Controls, Payables, and Materiality: A Case of Unknown Collusion, Current Issues in Auditing, 14 (1), A10 – A30.
- Thomasson, T. & Wilkinson, B. (2012), Structuring a Tax Efficient International Operation, Journal of Accounting Education, 30, 143-159.