Van D. Gray
Professor of Management; Director of Strategic Planning and Accreditation
Van D. Gray is a professor of Management and director of Strategic Planning and Accreditation at Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business. His research interests are in the areas of global supply chain optimization, operations strategy, process synchronization and constraint theory application. Additionally, he has been involved in business education programs and advancing private Christian education in severe poverty-stricken areas of Central America and Eastern Africa. For more than forty years, Gray has also been an active consultant in the field of manufacturing planning and control, global supply chain optimization, constraint theory applications in goods and services sectors, advanced scheduling techniques, operations strategy and strategic planning.
- 1984 – PhD, Production/Operations Management, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- 1977 – MBA, Production/Operations Management, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- 1974 – BS, Chemistry and Biology, Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas
- MGT 5420 – Operations Management
- Constraint Theory Applications in goods and services sectors
- Advanced Scheduling Techniques (Modified Finite Loading Algorithms)
- Operations Strategy
- Gray, V., Tanner, J. (2015) Message in a Bottle: Entrepreneurship Education's Impact on African Bottom-of-the-Pyramid Entrepreneurs. African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, 4(3), 201-210. https://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/abs/10.1504/AJESD.2015.071903
- McCormick, B., Gray, V. (2014). Within An Arm’s Reach of Learning: Using SMS-based Services to Educate at the Bottom of the Pyramid in Africa. Journal of Family and Community Ministries, 27, 31-44, http://hopeandhealinginstitute.org/about-us/affiliated-partners/journal-of-family-and-community-ministries/
- McCormick, B., Gray, V. (2011). Message in a Bottle: Teaching Basic Business Lessons Using Only a Bottle of Coke. Journal of Management Education. April 2011; vol. 35, 2: pp. 282-310.
- Easley, R., Madden, C. S., Gray, V. Academic Journal Editor Perspectives on the Explicability of Research in the Natural and Behavioral Sciences. Journal of Business Research. February 2010.
- Madden, C. S., Gray, V., Easley, R. (2011). Using Marketing Audits as the Basis for Nonprofit Case Generation. Journal of Marketing Education.