Below are links to videos describing the new classroom technology.
Classroom Technology training, August 18, 2021
Classroom Technology training, August 19, 2021
Zoom settings in Foster classrooms
How to toggle between three video inputs when viewing videos in Kaltura
Below are some reminders and important information that will help you get started. As always, please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any issues in the classrooms. (710-3951)
- Call us at 710-3951 should you have any issues in the classroom. We'll have someone there as soon as possible. For non-urgent requests/questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend using Zoom or Kaltura as synchronous and asynchronous solutions in the classroom.
- Recording your lectures/class is highly recommended. You don't have to publish the recordings, but it gives you a backup in case of sick students, etc.
- If you are using Kaltura, be sure to click on the Kaltura Classroom icon on the desktop of the computer in the classroom. This will launch the Kaltura application and kick your recording off at its scheduled time.
- Please consider logging into the computer in your classroom ahead of time. The first time you login to the computer, at the beginning of each semester, the computer must build a new user profile. This process can sometimes take a minute or two.
- Please help us conserve lamp life and technology use by shutting the projection system down between classes. You don't need to shut it down if the next instructor is at the door and ready, but if there's any doubt please shut down.
- DO NOT shut down the computer in the room. This may cause issues with things like windows updates, etc. and delay the next instructors use of the computer.
- Please avoid using 'Picture Blank' to shut down the room.