Diversity remains an important concern at the Hankamer School of Business. Our diversity initiatives are guided and inspired by several Biblical passages, including:
- Every human being has inherent dignity and worth, as all people are created in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27)
- God is truth, and his character and commands, as revealed in scripture, define what is good, right and praiseworthy. (John 14:6; 2 Timothy 3:16; Philippians 4:8)
- Diversity is essential to the unity and strength of Christ's Body. (1 Corinthians 12:12-31)
- In the Body of Christ, there is no distinction or hierarchy according to racial, ethnic, gender, or social identity and economic status. (Galatians 3:28)
- Unity in diversity is not only desirable but essential to fulfilling God's ultimate desire for God's people, as expressed in scripture (Acts 2; Revelation 7:9), and thus an essential element of seeking God's will on earth as it is in heaven.
In an institution of our size, it is almost certain that there are voices that are unheard or ignored. We need to hear those voices and learn the ways we can be better. A part of this is creating a culture where people are welcome, but even more so, included in the active lives of our University family. Hankamer needs to be a place where all faculty, staff and students are welcomed and feel at home.