Mission and Values
We cultivate principled leaders and serve the global marketplace through transformational learning and impactful scholarship in a culture of innovation guided by Christian values.
To use our God-given gifts and academic talents to further God’s kingdom through the realm of business.
Our shared values are the principles that guide all of our work.
- Leadership: We seek to influence others so that they might flourish.
“And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds.” (Hebrews 10:24)
- Learning: We commit to a lifelong pursuit of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
“The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever else you get, get insight.” (Proverbs 4:7)
- Impact: We drive lasting change that improves lives for students, faculty, staff, and the world at large.
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
- Innovation: We foster an environment that anticipates change and encourages experimentation to develop novel solutions for the future.
“No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old cloak; otherwise, the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and a worse tear is made. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost, and so are the skins; but one puts new wine into fresh wineskins.” (Mark 2:21-22)
- Integrity: We advocate the development of whole, virtuous persons.
“Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” (Philippians 4:8)
- Teamwork: We build on one another’s gifts, acknowledging that we are one body and that the whole is always stronger than the separate parts.
“For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.” (I Corinthians 12:12)
- Transformation: We embrace renewing minds and lives.
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)
- Excellence: We pursue what is good, affirming the standards to which Christians are called, and doing such things to honor the Lord.
“Whatever your task, put yourselves into it, as done for the Lord and not for your masters.” (Colossians 3:23)
- Exploration: We seek new opportunities for discovery with a firm grounding in Christ.
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life.’” (John 14:6)
- Service: We strive to fulfill the needs of others through stewardship of God’s gifts.
“Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.” (I Peter 4:10)