Global Engagement Certificate
If you want to add a global element to your business education, earn a Global Engagement Certificate in Business. This business-focused path helps you enhance your major area of study. The Global Engagement Certificate in Business shows prospective employers you have a global perspective and are on the road to worldwide leadership. If you have studied abroad or participated in any global engagement activity at Baylor, you have already met a requirement for the certificate!
To start earning the Global Engagement Certificate in Business, send your name and ID number via email here. Then, begin logging your requirements into Connect.
Attend 10 on-campus events, such as
- Global Business Expo
- Business Study Abroad Fair
- Multicultural/Religious events
- Cultural/Global student organization events
In Connect, record all the multicultural events you have attended. You may retroactively include any globally related event you have attended since you became a Baylor student.
Sustained Involvement: Service or Extracurriculars
Participate in 4 service or multicultural extracurriculars for a semester, such as
- Church or non-profit service
- Membership in a multicultural student organization (e.g., Global Business Connect)
- Global Friendship Program
- Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) courses, (e.g. INB 3333, MGT 4305)
Any service activity must be completed off campus and consist of at least 8 hours.
Take 2 Global Engagement (GE) Courses for 6 credit hours
- Examples: BUS 3330, MKT 4325, MGT 4345
- An additional class can count in the sustained involvement category
Get 1 Global Business Engagement Experience
- Study Abroad with Baylor Faculty
- Study Abroad with an Exchange Partner
- Business Mission Abroad
- International Internships
- Other (Field Experience, BEST program)
If you have more than one of these international experiences, any extra can count in the sustained involvement category.
This business-focused program is just one track to achieve a Certificate in Global Engagement from the university.
Additional questions? If you have any questions about the certificate or its requirements, please email email@example.com.