Admissions and Requirements
Baylor undergraduates should apply to the MAcc or MTax program in the third semester in which they are enrolled in their undergraduate accounting major courses. Admission is not guaranteed but is based on overall GPA, and accounting core GPA. The GMAT is not required for applicants who majored in accounting at Baylor.
Note: Baylor undergraduate students should plan ahead if you are interested in pursuing a joint graduate degree program. Contact Dr. Carie Ford at Carie_Ford@baylor.edu for more information about the BBA/MAcc or BBA/MTax programs.
Once you decide to apply, determine which term of entry you want to start graduate classes. Select the appropriate application by:
- Term (Fall, Spring, Summer)
The 2022 application for graduate accounting programs is now available. Follow these steps to start your application for entry in 2022:
- Already have a Bear ID? Log in as "Returning user".
- New to Baylor? Log in as "First-time user".
- After log in, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click "Start New Application".
- Select "2022 Business School Application" to start your application.
Graduate Business Application (for entry in 2022)
Applicants with GPAs above 3.0 overall and in accounting, plus an acceptable GMAT score will be considered for admission. The GMAT is not required for applicants who majored in accounting at Baylor. The GMAT is required for all other applicants.
If you do not have an undergraduate degree in accounting, you must complete the following prerequisite accounting courses before you are eligible to enter a graduate accounting program:
- One course (3 hours) in Introductory Financial Accounting
- Introductory Managerial Accounting
- Income Taxation
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Two courses (6 hours) in Intermediate Financial Accounting
Financial accounting courses should emphasize accounting standards accepted in the United States.
(all graduate accounting degree programs)
To receive full consideration for scholarship opportunities, applications should be submitted by specific application dates, depending upon the term of entry desired.