Next Steps in your Graduate School Journey:
Step 1: Complete the Admissions Process:
- Official Application Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official test scores and/or transcripts, you should request official documents be sent to Baylor as quickly as possible. Check your MBA Application account to confirm the receipt of all official documents.
Once all official documents are received, the admissions process is complete.
- Bear ID - A Bear ID is an electronic identifier created uniquely for every student at Baylor and is generally in the form of firstname_lastname. Your Bear ID and password are the keys to accessing your Baylor email account. Upon completion of the admissions process, you are eligible to activate your Baylor email account. Once you are enrolled, your Baylor email account will serve as your primary means of communication with Business School faculty and staff.
- Baylor ID No. - Your Baylor ID number is a 9-digit number used for identification. You will receive this number via email. It can also be found on your Student ID card.
- BearWeb - You must activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online portal for access to your information about financial aid, grades and transcripts and course registration as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
Step 2 - Secure Financial Aid (Federal Loans)
- Financial Aid - Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA opens annually on October 1st, so you can start the process before acceptance to the MBA program. Learn more via Baylor's Student Financial Services.
- Cost of Attendance - For financial aid purposes, the Cost of Attendance is an estimate of the total cost to attend Baylor and includes both direct and indirect costs. Direct costs are those billed by Baylor, such as tuition and fees. Indirect Costs are books, supplies, transportation, personal expenses and room and board.
Step 3 - Submit Required Forms
- Reply to Your Offer of Admission - You will need to accept or decline the Offer of Admission into the program. You can do so in the Forms portion of the Application Status section of your application portal.
- Tuition Scholarship - If you received a Graduate Scholarship award, you would have received a scholarship letter along with your acceptance letter. You will need to accept or decline the Scholarship in the Forms portion of the Application Status page of your application portal.
- Health Form and Health Insurance - All students need to complete and return a Baylor Health Form. See Baylor Health Services for all health-related information, including the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- I-20 Form - All international students should connect with Baylor's International Student and Scholar Services which assists incoming international students with I-20 requirements.
If you are awarded a Tuition Scholarship, an “Additional Decision Letter” will be posted in your Application Status page, separately from your Offer of Admission. Tuition Scholarships represent a percentage of tuition cost that is remitted or deducted from the overall tuition cost.
The percentage of tuition remission that is awarded to you will appear as a credit on your student account, after you register for courses.
The cost of tuition depends on the number of credit hours you take each semester.
Fall and Spring semesters: Tuition rates for the MBA, MSBA, MSIS, BBA/MACC, and BBA/MTAX programs are charged at a flat tuition rate, if you take 12 credit hours or more. Tuition rates for the MSECO, MACC, and MTAX programs are charged by the credit hour.
Summer semester: Tuition rates for all programs are charged by the credit hour.
Current tuition rates are available on Baylor’s website – One Stop Student Financial Services.
Baylor has specific resources and requirements for admitted international students, available on the Graduate School website.
All graduate students are required to enroll in health insurance.
- If you already have health insurance you must contact the Health Center Insurance Office regarding a waiver before the beginning of the semester.
- The cost of the coverage will be automatically charged to your account upon registration.
- International students should register via Baylor's Health Services. Click here for more information.
- For further information regarding the Health Form or Insurance call the Health Center at (254) 710-1010.
As an admitted student, you are eligible to apply for student employment at Baylor. Details about student employment.
- Canvas - Canvas is the software used by Baylor that allows you to communicate with instructors and fellow students within a course. Other features include 24/7 availability of syllabi, assignments, online grades, online attendance tracking and Internet communication tools. You can access your course materials from any computer with Internet access. Log into Canvas.
- Notebook Computer - All MBA students are required to have a notebook computer: notebook requirements.
- Microsoft 365 Products - Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus service is now available for all current Baylor faculty, staff and students.
- Baylor ID Card - After you arrive on campus, you will get a Baylor ID card, which is used for library privileges, building access, lab access, meal plans, selected student functions and sporting events.
Updated March 3, 2023