Welcome to the Hankamer School of Business
We are glad you have chosen to study at Baylor University and eagerly anticipate your arrival on campus.
Below is a checklist for students entering the MSIS program.
- Intent to Enroll - Confirm your intent to enroll in your Application Portal.
- Tuition Scholarship - If you received an offer for a Tuition Scholarship award, please sign and return the award agreement to the Business School.
- Graduate Assistantship Work - All graduate students receiving a stipend must complete an I-9 and a W-4. See the Graduate School's Student Employment Forms webpage for more information and copies of the forms.
- Official Application Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official documents, you need to request official documents be sent to Baylor as quickly as possible. You will not be able to activate your Baylor accounts or register for courses until Baylor receives all official documents, i.e. transcripts and test scores. Check your Application Portal to confirm the receipt of all official documents.
Activate and Access Baylor Accounts
- BearWeb - Activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online system allowing students self-service access to information about your financial aid, grades and transcripts, and registration of classes as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Bear_ID - Your Bear_ID is your Baylor email address, generally in the format email@example.com. The Bear_ID and password are the keys to your Baylor email account and to accessing many campus electronic resources. The Bear_ID will serve as your primary means of communication with Business School faculty and staff.
- ID Card - Obtain a Baylor ID card. Information about securing your ID card is here.
- Canvas - Canvas is Baylor's Learning Management platform. From Canvas, you will access resources associated with the courses you take during your matriculation. To get started with Canvas, click HERE.
- International Students - The Business School works with Baylor's Office of International Student and Scholar Services within the Center for Global Engagement to serve incoming international students.
Submit Enrollment Deposit
Reserve your place in Baylor's MSIS program by paying your $500 deposit with 30 days of receiving your acceptance notification. The deposit is applied toward your student account and can be used to pay fees that are charged in your first semester.
Please pay your Enrollment Deposit in the Application Status page of your application portal. You will be using the same application program that you used to pay your application fee.
Course Registration and Financial Settlement
- Course Registration - Graduate students should register for courses prior to arrival on campus. Contact your academic advisor to discuss degree requirements and course options.
- Health Form and Health Insurance - Complete and return the Baylor Health Form to Baylor's Health Center. Research the Student Health Insurance Plan available to Baylor graduate students. You will also need to provide proof of your Meningitis vaccination required by Texas state law. Details are available here.
- Financial Aid - Apply for financial aid through Baylor's Office of Financial Aid.
- Financial Settlement - A student's course registration for a given semester is not complete until all expenses are paid or the first payment of the Installment Plan (the minimum amount due) is received. Financial Settlement
Moving to Waco
For those new to Waco, refer to the Moving to Waco website maintained by the Baylor Graduate School for tips on housing, transportation, etc.
Required Business School Orientation
Typically held twice per year in the Foster Campus for Business and Innovation building:
- Mid - Late August - new summer/fall graduate business students
- Early January - new spring graduate business students