Who Should Apply?
Baylor's mission of cultivating skilled, highly educated and ethical information technology professionals starts with a passion for pursuing excellence. The Admissions Committee looks for this excellence when reviewing all application materials including prior academic performance, GMAT or GRE score and resume.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States, or proof of equivalent training at a foreign university, is required. We encourage applicants from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds to apply to the program, but if you received an undergraduate degree in a field other than business, you will begin the MSIS program by taking a set of accelerated foundational business courses called Business Frameworks.
Business Frameworks is designed to prepare you with the skills and knowledge you will need to dive into the business side of the MSIS program. These four 1-hour courses will help you learn key concepts in accounting, statistics, finance, and Excel. The courses are delivered in late summer immediately prior to beginning the core MSIS courses in the fall.
How To Apply?
- Review the Application Requirements section below
- Start your application
Detailed instructions are provided within the application. You will have the opportunity to save your application and return later if you choose not to complete all of the items below at the same time.
A current resume is required, specifically describing those activities, honors, or awards that you believe helpful to ensuring success in the MSIS program.
Please explain why you wish to pursue graduate studies in economics or information systems, and why you wish to do this at Baylor.
Letter of Recommendation
In the application, you will provide the name and email address for one reference, who will be sent an email message with a link directing him or her to a web page to submit the recommendation. You can submit up to three names as references but only one letter of recommendation is required.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States, or proof of equivalent training at a foreign university, is required.
- Transcripts are required only from degree-granting institutions for bachelor's degrees and higher. The transcript from your graduating institution must show proof of conferred degree. Transcripts for transfer credits are not required.
- Baylor students and graduates need to request a Baylor transcript from the Registrar's Office: Request Baylor Transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the evaluation process. If your application is approved, official transcripts will be required to complete your admission to the MSIS program.
There is no application fee for the MSIS program.
Applicants for Baylor's MSIS program are required to submit either a GMAT or GRE score.
- GMAT/GRE waiver requests are available for those who meet certain criteria. If you plan to request a waiver, please see instructions in the Test Score section of your application. Please review the test score waiver policy ahead of requesting a waiver.
- Unofficial copies of the test scores are acceptable for the application evaluation process. If admitted into the program, official scores will need to be received for those who haven't received an exam score waiver.