Technology Commons Lab
The Technology Commons and the Technology Commons Learning Lab is located on the second floor of the Foster campus in rooms 201/202 with a total of 82 computers available for use. All students enrolled in at least one class in the School during the fall and spring semesters will automatically have access to the lab as part of the HSB Information Resource Fee (except students enrolled in BUS 1125, BUS 3302, BUS 3303, LDS 1101, LDS 3101).
Technology Commons users will have access to
- Storage space on the Business School network drive (p: drive), connects automatically on Business School computers
- Specialized software used in Business classes
- 300 pages worth of extra printing
- 3 black and white laser printers, 1 color laser printer
- 3 Scanner stations
- Several other amenities such as: paper cutter, staplers, electric hole punches, pens, staple remover
- Electrical power cords for apple laptops and dell laptops available for checkout*
- Expo markers and dry erasers for use in the Team Rooms
- Other miscellaneous adapters for checkout purposes*
- Lab attendants at all times the lab is scheduled for operation to assist in the lab
- Foster Team Rooms within the Foster building, which are schedulable online and are equipped with display technology
- Check-out HDMI adapters for use in Team Rooms and classrooms*
* - requires leaving driver license for security deposit until returned.
Fall & Spring Lab Hours (summer hours are subject to change)
Notice: Building hours may change.
|8:00am to 11:30pm||Monday - Thursday|
|8:00am to 6:00pm||Friday|
|10:00am to 6:00pm||Saturday|
|1:00pm to 11:30pm||Sunday|
If you have questions or problems using the lab, please ask for assistance at the help desk. The lab workers are provided to answer basic questions about the platform software and to assist you with printing needs. If you notice that a printer needs paper or toner, or if you are having difficulty with a printer, please ask for assistance.
PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CORRECT A HARDWARE ISSUE WITH THE PRINTERS OR COMPUTERS.
NO FOOD or DRINKS allowed in the lab and please clean up your work are before you leave. Refer to the Baylor Student Handbook for complete policies governing Baylor computer facilities. The computers are the property of the Hankamer School of Business and we do not allow you to install your own software, including games, on the hard drive. You may save your work to the P: drive that only you can access. Saving work to the hard drive or the desktop is possible; however, you should not expect that the data will remain on the hard drive indefinitely. The computers are reformatted whenever a problem occurs.