Baylor Angel Network
Student run. Staff coordinated. Faculty led. Angel funded.
The Baylor Angel Network (BAN) is an investor network providing early-stage capital to strong entrepreneurial teams with developed products or services and early customer traction. BAN’s differentiator for investors and entrepreneurs from other angel networks is the devoted student analysts, and the differentiator for students from other Baylor business organizations is the real-world experience.
BAN offers students what is often missing from the classroom experience: working with real businesses, people and capital. BAN provides its student analysts a deep understanding in startup funding and private company investing. Additionally, students are given a strong, close knit community that are committed to hard work.
BAN strives to:
- Provide quality early-stage investment opportunities to members.
- Assist, educate and connect early-stage companies with information, advisors and capital to achieve profitable growth.
- Offer a hands-on educational experience to students.
- Provide a networking opportunity for Baylor alumni with similar interests.
- Serve as a revenue source for the Hankamer School of Business through the contribution of portions of member investment returns.
"Being an analyst in BAN allows you to combine, refine and implement the tools you have picked up in your courses. BAN is the perfect place to apply and challenge what you've been learning." — Sam C.
"Not only does the program offer a rich educational and professional experience, but it also offers an opportunity to build meaningful relationships with a diverse group of people." — Alex G.