MSIS Test Score Waiver Policy
Applicants for Baylor's Full-Time MSIS who are not otherwise granted a waiver, are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score. Exam score waivers will be considered on a case-by-case basis for applicants who meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Applicant possesses four or more years of post-baccalaureate professional work and/or military experience with a competitive undergraduate or master’s degree GPA. Quantitative and analytical experience and/or coursework is preferred.
- Applicant holds a professional certification or license, and a degree from an AACSB-accredited school, with a competitive undergraduate or master’s degree GPA. License must be recognized, current, US-based and business-related (CFA, CFP, CISSP, CPA, etc.).
- Applicant has a terminal degree such as a PhD, MD, or Juris Doctor.
- Applicant is currently in their final semester at Baylor, or is a Baylor graduate, and has at least a 3.75 cumulative GPA. Quantitative and analytical experience and/or coursework is preferred.
- Applicant is currently in their final semester at Baylor as an MIS major or is a Baylor MIS graduate, with at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA and at least a 3.75 GPA in the MIS major.
- Applicant has been employed full-time by Baylor University for at least two years.
Requesting an Exam Score Waiver
To request an exam score waiver, select 'No' in the Test Score section of your application when asked if your test scores are available. You will then be asked whether you intend to take an exam or apply for a waiver. To be considered for a waiver, you will need to:
- Complete the MSIS application, including:
- Uploading your current resume;
- Uploading a short document stating the basis of your waiver request. The waiver request should include the criteria from the list above that applies to you and provide a brief description of your experience/background that you believe would qualify you for a waiver, including any quantitative and analytical experience.
Upon completion of the above steps, you will be notified by the admissions team whether or not a waiver request has been accepted. Further documentation may be requested to aid in the decision-making process.