Next Steps in your MBA Journey:
Step 1: Complete the Admissions Process:
- Official Application Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official test scores and/or transcripts, you should request official documents be sent to Baylor as quickly as possible. Check your MBA Application account to confirm the receipt of all official documents.
Once all official documents are received, the admissions process is complete.
- Bear ID - A Bear ID is an electronic identifier created uniquely for every student at Baylor and is generally in the form of firstname_lastname. Your Bear ID and password are the keys to accessing your Baylor email account. Upon completion of the admissions process, you are eligible to activate your Baylor email account. Once you are enrolled, your Baylor email account will serve as your primary means of communication with Business School faculty and staff.
- Baylor ID No. - Your Baylor ID number is a 9-digit number used for identification. You will receive this number via email. It can also be found on your Student ID card.
- BearWeb - You must activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online portal for access to your information about financial aid, grades and transcripts and course registration as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
Step 2 - Secure Financial Aid (Federal Loans)
- Financial Aid - Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA opens annually on October 1st, so you can start the process before acceptance to the MBA program. Learn more via Baylor's Student Financial Services.
- Cost of Attendance - For financial aid purposes, the Cost of Attendance is an estimate of the total cost to attend Baylor and includes both direct and indirect costs. Direct costs are those billed by Baylor, such as tuition and fees. Indirect Costs are books, supplies, transportation, personal expenses and room and board.
- International students can also research international student financial resources on the Student Financial Services site.
Step 3 - Submit Required Forms
- Reply to Your Offer of Admission - You will need to accept or decline the Offer of Admission into the program. You can do so in the Forms portion of the Application Status section of your application portal.
- Tuition Scholarship - If you are awarded a Graduate Scholarship award, an “Additional Decision Letter” will be posted in your Application Status page, separately from your Offer of Admission. Tuition Scholarships represent a percentage of tuition cost that is remitted or deducted from the overall tuition cost. You will need to accept or decline the Scholarship in the Forms portion of the Application Status page.
- Health Form and Health Insurance - All students need to complete and return a Baylor Health Form. See Baylor Health Services for all health-related information, including the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- I-20 Form - All international students should connect with Baylor's International Student and Scholar Services which assists incoming international students with I-20 requirements.
Step 4 - Submit Enrollment Deposit
Reserve your place in Baylor's MBA program by paying a deposit of $500 within 30 days of receiving your acceptance notification AND you'll receive a special welcome kit from the program! The deposit is applied toward your student account and can be used to pay fees that are charged in your first semester. Please pay your Enrollment Deposit on the Application Status page. The deposit will be paid through the same processing tool you used to pay your application fee.
Baylor has specific resources and requirements for admitted international students, available on the Graduate School website.
All graduate students are required to enroll in health insurance.
- If you already have health insurance you must contact the Health Center Insurance Office regarding a waiver before the beginning of the semester.
- The cost of the coverage will be automatically charged to your account upon registration.
- International students should register via Baylor's Health Services. Click here for more information.
- For further information regarding the Health Form or Insurance call the Health Center at (254) 710-1010.
As an admitted student, you are eligible to apply for student employment at Baylor. Details about student employment.
- Canvas - Canvas is the software used by Baylor that allows you to communicate with instructors and fellow students within a course. Other features include 24/7 availability of syllabi, assignments, online grades, online attendance tracking and Internet communication tools. You can access your course materials from any computer with Internet access. Log into Canvas.
- Notebook Computer - All MBA students are required to have a notebook computer: notebook requirements.
- Microsoft 365 Products - Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus service is now available for all current Baylor faculty, staff and students.
- Baylor ID Card - After you arrive on campus, you will get a Baylor ID card, which is used for library privileges, building access, lab access, meal plans, selected student functions and sporting events.
Most incoming MBA students start in the summer semester by taking a set of foundational business courses called Business Frameworks. Business Frameworks is comprised of instruction on accounting, statistics, finance and Excel. The content is delivered on-campus in four weeks, starting July 8, 2024.
Concentrations in Healthcare Administration
Students admitted to the Healthcare Administration and Healthcare Pre-Clinical Track concentrations should be familiar with requirements related to immunizations and background checks.
The Graduate School has information about housing options for graduate students. who are moving to Waco. Current students are also a great resource to ask about housing options in Waco.
Advising and Registration
Have questions about which concentration suits your career goals best? Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor to start laying the groundwork for your degree plan and to register for classes. Course registration for classes in spring 2024 will open in November 2023. Course registration for classes in summer and fall 2024 will open in April 2024.
Want to know what it's like to be a Baylor MBA student? Here's your chance to gain some first-person insight by connecting with one of our Ambassadors. These current students have volunteered to connect with prospective students to chat about their own experiences in the program.
Need a point of contact at the University for questions related to financial aid, billing, payment, Federal Work Study, Veteran's Benefits? Baylor's One Stop webpage is a resource for incoming Graduate Students.
Welcome Message from the Career Center
Check out the Career Center's Amine Qourzal's welcome message for newly admitted students.
Updated Aug. 11, 2023