Dapeng Liu is an assistant professor at the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics. Liu received his PhD degree at Virginia Commonwealth University, recognized as Dean's Scholar in 2019.
His research interests include business intelligence, data interoperability, AI ethics, and information security and privacy. He has published in several top-tier Information Systems journals including the Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Decision Support Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, and International Journal of Information Systems. His research has been supported by the Microsoft Azure Research Award. Liu has rich lecturing experience in database design and management, cybersecurity, programming, data analytics, and text mining. He is a certified Python Programming Associate.
He is serving on the Editorial Review Board of the International Journal of Information Management and Journal of Computer Information Systems. He has served as the e-government mini-track chair for the Americas Conference on Information Systems and the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- 2019—PhD, Business (Information Systems), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- 2013—MS, Economics (International Trade), Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong
- 2012—MBA, Business Administration, Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri
- 2007—BS, Computer Science and Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong
- MIS 4340 - Foundations of Database System Development
- MIS 5340 - Database Management System
- Business Intelligence
- Data Interoperability
- AI Ethics
- Information Security and Privacy
- Carter, L., Yoon, V., & Liu, D. (2022). Analyzing e-government design science artifacts: A systematic literature review. International Journal of Information Management, 62, 102430. doi: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2021.102430
- Lin, J., Carter, L., & Liu, D. (2021). Privacy concerns and digital government: Exploring citizen willingness to adopt the COVIDSafe App. European Journal of Information Systems, 30(4), 389-402. doi: 10.1080/0960085X.2021.1920857
- Li, Y., Thomas, M., & Liu, D. (2021). From semantics to pragmatics: Where IS can lead in natural language processing research. European Journal of Information Systems, 30(5), 569-590. doi:10.1080/0960085X.2020.1816145
- Liu, D., Etudo, U., & Yoon, V. (2020). X-IM framework to overcome semantic heterogeneity across XBRL filings. Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 21(4), 971-1000. doi:10.17705/1jais.00626
- Etudo, U., Yoon, V., & Liu, D. (2017). Financial concept element mapper (FinCEM) for XBRL interoperability: Utilizing the M3 Plus method. Decision Support Systems, 98, 36-48. doi:10.1016/j.dss.2017.04.006