Clinical Associate Professor; Graduate Program Director, Master of Science in Economics
Finley Edwards joined the Department of Economics in 2014, where he is currently serving as a clinical associate professor and as the graduate program director for the Master of Science in Economics program. Edwards is a Labor Economist whose research has focused on the economics of education. His work has been published in the Journal of Economic Insight and the Economics of Education Review.
Edwards has experience teaching a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and MBA level, in both traditional face-to-face and online settings.
- 2011 - PhD, Economics, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- 2007 - MA, Economics, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- 2004 - BA, Economics and Ancient Languages, Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois
- ECO 1305 – Issues in Economics
- ECO 2306 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 2307 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 5305 – Business Foundations - Economics
- Labor Economics
- Economics of Education
- Applied Microeconomics
- Do Students Respond to Their Grades? Evidence from Introductory Finance. (with Ernest S. Fletcher Jr, and Charles M. North). Journal of Economic Insight 44, no. 2 (2018): 1-22.
- Early to rise? The effect of daily start times on academic performance. Economics of Education Review, Volume 31, Issue 6 (December), 2012, pp 970-983.
- Do Schools Begin Too Early? Education Next, Summer 2012, pp. 52-57.
- Review of What Money Can’t Buy: The Moral Limits of Markets by Michael Sandel. Faith and Economics, Volume 61/62 (Spring/Fall), 2013, pp 105-108.
Foster Business and Innovation Economics.320.09
Foster Campus for Business
Waco, TX 76706