Morris George is an associate professor in the Department of Marketing. George's research interests include customer relationship management (CRM), Customer lifetime value-based customer contact strategies, customer loyalty and user generated content. His teaching interests are marketing research, customer analytics, customer relationship management, new product management, and marketing management.
George has published in leading marketing journals including Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Service Research, Journal of Public Policy and Marketing and Journal of Services Marketing. He is the recipient of 2010 Davidson Award for best article in the Journal of Retailing 2008. His article on measuring and maximizing customer equity in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science has won the JAMS/Sheth Foundation award for the best paper in 2007 (volume 35).
Prior to his academic career, he worked as assistant manager for Indian Oil Corporation Ltd in Chennai, India, and was responsible for sales and marketing of petroleum products.
- 2008 – PHD, Business Administration, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- 1996 – MBA, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
- 1992 – BS Engineering, Kerala Agricultural University, India
- MKT 4360 – Customer Analytics
- MKT 3330 – Marketing Research
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Lifetime Value based customer contact strategies
- Customer loyalty
- User Generated Content
- Shah, Denish and Morris George. (2021). Linking Marketing to Non-profit Performance. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 40 (4), 571-583
- George, Morris and Kirk Wakefield. (2018). Modeling the Consumer Journey for Membership Services. Journal of Services Marketing, 32 (2), 113-125.
- George, Morris and Jeff Tanner (2014) Promotion to Change Lifestyle: Securing Participation and Success. Health Marketing Quarterly, 31 (4), 293-311.
- George, Morris, V. Kumar, Dhruv Grewal. (2013) Maximizing Profit for a Multi-category Catalog Retailer. Journal of Retailing, 89 (4), 374-396.
- Ganesan, Shankar, Morris George, Sandy Jap, Robert Palmatier, Barton Weitz. (2009) Supply Chain Management and Retailer Performance: Issues, Trends, and Practices. Journal of Retailing, 85 (1), 84-94.
- Kumar, V, Morris George, and Joseph Pancras. (2008). Cross-buying in Retailing: Drivers and Consequences. Journal of Retailing, 84 (1), 15-27.
- Kumar, V. and Morris George. (2007). Measuring and Maximizing Customer Equity: A Critical Analysis. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 35 (2), 157-171.
- Berger, Paul., Naras Eechambadi, Morris George, Donald Lehmann, Ross Rizley, and Rajkumar Venkatesan. (2006). From Customer Lifetime Value to Shareholder Value: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Issues for Future Research. Journal of Service Research, 9(2), 156-167.