Bruce W. Barnes III
Assistant Professor; Major, United States Army
Dr. Bruce Barnes is an Assistant Professor at the MHA/MBA Army Baylor Graduate Program since 2021. He holds a BS and a MS in Information Technology and earned his PhD in Business Administration with a specialty in Information Technology from the University of Hawai’i at Manoa. Dr. Barnes is also a Major in the United States Army serving in leadership, project management, and tactical roles since 2008.
Bruces’ dissertation research was on Electronic Health Record Systems’ use. In addition to EHR and Health IT research, he is interested in research on human-computer interaction, blockchain, and cybersecurity. He is a member of the Association of Information Systems and currently working on advancing his EHR research for journal publication.
- 2021 – PhD Business Administration, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Honolulu, HI
- 2016 – MS – Information Technology, University of Maryland, University College
- 2008 – BS – Information Technology, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
- MNIB 5450 - International Business (2022)
- HCA 5410 - Quantitative Analysis I (2022)
- HCA 5317 - Health Management Information Systems (2022)
- Health Information Technology
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Barnes, Bruce W., and Randall K. Minas, (2020). “Tracking Technostress: A Task Interruption of Data Entry Study.” International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. Spring Cham.