Daniel Q. Chen
Randall W. and Sandra Ferguson Endowed Professor
Daniel Chen is the Randall W. and Sandra Ferguson Endowed Professor in the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics of the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University. Before joining Baylor in the fall of 2023, Chen was a full professor at the Neeley School of Business at Texas Christian University. Chen has combined years of industrial experiences in entrepreneurship, supply chain management and management consulting before entering the academic field.
Chen’s research addresses the overall question of how information systems (i.e., technological and human resources) can improve organizational decision-making at both strategic and operational levels. His research has appeared or is forthcoming in several leading management journals such as Decision Sciences, Decision Support Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, IEEE Transaction on Engineering Management, Information Systems Research, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, MIS Quarterly and MIS Quarterly Executive, among others.
Chen has served on the editorial boards of several high-quality academic journals. Currently, he is a senior editor for Journal of the Association for Information Systems, and an associate editor for Journal of Operations Management and Decision Sciences Journal.
- 2004 – PhD, Business Administration, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- 1999 – MBA, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- MIS 5340 – Database Management Systems
- MIS 4340 – Foundations of Database Systems
- Digital Strategy and IS Leadership
- Business Analytics and Implications
- Technology and Innovation Management
- IT and Supply Chain Management
- Chen, D.Q., Y. Zhang, J. Xiao, and K. Xie, “Making Digital Innovation Happen: A CIO Issue Selling Perspective”, Information Systems Research 32(3), pp. 987-1008. September 2021
- Chen, D.Q., D.S. Preston, and M. Swink, “How Big Data Analytics Affects Supply Chain Decision-Making: An Empirical Analysis”, Journal of the Association for Information Systems 22(5), pp.1224-1244. September 2021
- Chen, D.Q., D.S. Preston, and M. Swink, “How the Use of Big Data Analytics Affects Value Creation in Supply Chain Management” Journal of Management Information Systems 32(4), pp.1-36. Spring 2016
- Chen, D. Q., D.S. Preston, and W. Xia, “Enhancing Hospital Supply Chain Performance: A Relational View and Empirical Test” Journal of Operations Management 31(6), pp. 391-408. September 2013
- Chen, D.Q., D.S. Preston, M. Mocker, and A. Teubner, “Information Systems Strategy: Reconceptualization, Measurement, and Implications”. MIS Quarterly 34(2), pp. 233-259. June 2010