Forest S. Kim
Clinical Associate Professor; Executive Director, Robbins Institute for Health Policy & Leadership; Co-Director, Robbins Healthcare MBA
Forest S. Kim, PhD, MBA, MHA, FACHE is a clinical associate professor in the Department of Economics at the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University. He serves as the executive director of the Robbins Institute for Health Policy and Leadership and co-director of the Robbins Healthcare MBA.
He previously served as program director of the University of the Incarnate Word Graduate Program in Health Administration in San Antonio, Texas. Kim is an Army veteran who served 22 years on active duty as a healthcare administrator and educator. His Army career culminated as program director of the Army-Baylor University Program in Health and Business Administration. He is a fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and Board Chair of the Commission on the Accreditation of Health Management Education (CAHME).
- 2009 - PhD, Health Services Research (Concentration: Evaluative Science), University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- 2003 - MHA, Army-Baylor University Graduate Program in Health and Business Administration, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- 2003 - MBA, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
- 2000 - MA, Organizational Leadership, Chapman University, Orange, California
- 1995 - BS, Physiological Science, UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- BUS 3330 – Cross-Cultural Communication
- HPA 5121 – Current Issues in Healthcare Administration
- HPA 5250 – Analysis of Healthcare Economic Conditions
- HPA 5310 – Healthcare Administration
- HPA 5395 – U.S. Healthcare Directions
- HPA 5V90 – Healthcare Administrative Internship
- Federal and private sector health program evaluation
- Graduate educational outcomes
- Competency development and assessment
- Beauvais, B., Whitaker, Z., Kim, F., & Anderson, B. (2022). Is the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program Associated with Reduced Hospital Readmissions?. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 15, 1089–1099. https://doi.org/10.2147/JMDH.S358733
- Kim, F. S., Bonica, M., Johnson, L. M., Swift, D., Beauvais, B. M., & Mangelsdorff, A. D. (2021). “Throw you to the wolves” and other strategies for developing the interpersonal skills of recent entrants to healthcare management: A mixed methods study. The Journal of Health Administration Education. 38(3), 727-768.
- Richards, M. & Kim, F. (2019). A reformed individual market for all. Health Management Policy & Innovation (invited paper).
- Childs, J. D., Fritz, J. M., Wu, S. S., Flynn, T. W., Wainner, R. S., Robertson, E. K., Kim, F. S., & George, S. Z. (2015). Implications of early and guideline adherent physical therapy for low back pain on utilization and costs. BMC Health Services Research, 15(1), 150.
- Kruse, C.S., DeShazo, J., Kim, F., & Fulton, L. (2014) Factors associated with adoption of health information technology: A conceptual model based on a systematic review. JMIR Medical Informatics, 2(1), e9.
Foster Business and Innovation 410.34