Assistant Professor of Management
Kaylee Hackney is an assistant professor at the Baylor University Hankamer School of Business. She holds a PhD in Business Administration with a specialty in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management from Florida State University. She studies employee stress and well-being with a focus on pregnancy in the workplace. Her research has been published in top academic publications such as the Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Organizational Behavior and Harvard Business Review.
Hackney is passionate about helping women flourish at work. She is faculty advisor for the Women in Business at Baylor student organization. She also hosts a bi-weekly podcast, Elegant Balance, where she shares her knowledge of the work-life interface to help professional women achieve a better work-life balance.
- 2017 - PhD Business Administration, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- 2012 - MBA, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois
- 2011 – BA, French, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois
- MGT 5310 – Management of Organizational Behavior (2022 – current)
- MGT 3305 – Leadership & Organizational Behavior (2017 – 2022)
- Pregnancy in the Workplace
- Work-Life Interface
- Employee Stress & Well-Being
- Hackney, K. J., Daniels, S. R., Paustian-Underdahl, S., Jones, K. P., Brady, J. M., Cortina, L. M., Li, Y. (2022). 5 ways managers can support pregnant employees: Managers play a key role in ensuring a healthy environment. Harvard Business Review. https://hbr.org/2022/01/5-ways-managers-can-support-pregnant-employees
- Thompson, M. J., Carlson, D. S., Hackney, K. J., & Vogel, R. (2022). Vicarious abusive supervision and turnover in working mothers: Does financial dependency trigger emotional disconnect?" Journal of Organizational Behavior, 43(3), 448-464.
- Quade, M. J., Hackney, K. J., Carlson, D. S., & Hanlon, R. P. (2021). It takes a village: How organizational support for adoption positively affects employees and their families. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 94(3), 706-734). doi: 10.1111/joop.12358
- Carlson, D. S., Thompson, M. J., Hackney, K. J., & Crawford, W. (2021). With a little help from my (her) friends: The role of friend support on the negative effects of job engagement for married couples. Journal of Vocational Behavior, Advance online publication. doi: 10.1016/j.jvb.2021.103539
- Hackney, K. J., Daniels, S. R., Paustian-Underdahl, S., Perrewé, P. L., Mandeville, A. & Eaton, A. (2020). Examining the effects of perceived pregnancy discrimination on mother and baby health. Journal of Applied Psychology, 106(5), 774-783. doi: 10.1037/apl0000788