PhD, Clinical Assistant Professor; Director of the Center for Sports Strategy and Sales
Lane Wakefield is the director of the Center for Sports Strategy and Sales (S3) and clinical assistant professor of Marketing at the Hankamer School of Business. Wakefield holds a PhD from Texas A&M University.
Wakefield is an expert on partnerships and ephemeral media. His work is published in leading journals, such as the Journal of Advertising and Journal of Interactive Marketing. He also helps brands and properties evaluate partnerships with Wakefield, a consulting agency specializing in sports partnerships. He also advocates and evaluates partnerships in mental health.
- 2016 – PhD, Sport Management, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas
- 2011 – MS, Sport Management, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- 2010 – BBA, Marketing, Howard Payne University, Brownwood, Texas
- MKT 3310 – Professional Selling and Communications
- MKT 4341 – Professional Selling and Communications for Sports II
- MKT 4350 – Digital Marketing
Sponsorships, Ephemeral Media, Sports Marketing
- Jensen, J. A., Wakefield, L., & Walkup, B. (2022). Sponsorship and the Resource-Based View of the Firm: Effects on the Acquisition of Resources, Demand, the Recruitment of Human Capital, and Organizational Performance. Journal of Sport Management, 1(aop), 1-15.
- Wakefield, L., Wakefield, K., Keller, K. L., & Rivers, A. (2021). Are Brands Wasting Money On Sport Sponsorships?: A New Look at Brand Personality, Brand Equity, and Official Sponsorship Effects. Journal of Advertising Research, 61(2), 192-211.
- Wakefield, L., Wakefield, K., & Lane Keller, K. (2020). Understanding sponsorship: A consumer-centric model of sponsorship effects. Journal of Advertising, 49(3), 320-343.
- Wakefield, L. T., & Bennett, G. (2018). Sports fan experience: Electronic word-of-mouth in ephemeral social media. Sport Management Review, 21(2), 147-159.
- Wakefield, L. T., & Wakefield, R. L. (2018). Anxiety and ephemeral social media use in negative eWOM creation. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 41, 44-59.
- Wakefield, L. T., & Wakefield, K. L. (2018). An examination of construal effects on price perceptions in the advance selling of experience services. Journal of service research, 21(2), 235-248.
- Jensen, J. A., Wakefield, L., Cobbs, J. B., & Turner, B. A. (2016). Forecasting sponsorship costs: marketing intelligence in the athletic apparel industry. Marketing Intelligence & Planning.
Foster Business and Innovation 225.03