Robin Wakefield began her professional career in the field of medical technology prior to returning to academia to pursue a PhD. She received a Master of Taxation and a PhD in Accountancy at the University of Mississippi with emphasis in Information Systems and Statistics. She joined the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics at Baylor University in 2001 and continues to maintain an active research agenda. Her research has been published in numerous MIS journals as well as other business journals. She is involved in the IS PhD program teaching quantitative methods and mentoring PhD candidates. She has also been active in course development, developing business analytics courses such as predictive modeling using SAS software and data visualization with Tableau. She has also worked with the Baylor Law School to develop a data analytics course for their Executive LL.M in Litigation Management.
- PhD, Accountancy, University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- MTax, University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- BS, Biology, Medical Technology, Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, Missouri
- MIS 5343 - Seminar in Data Visualization
- MIS 4360 - Fundamentals of Data Visualization
- MIS 6325 - Quantitative Methods: Research Using PLS
- MIS 6V00 - Dissertation
- MIS 5342/4344 - Business Intelligence
- LAW 9131 - Data Analytics for Litigation
- QBA 3305 - Introduction to Business Analytics
- QBA 2302 - Business Data Analysis I
- MIS 3305 - Management Information Systems
- Human-computer Interaction
- Social Media, Affect and Passion
- Base-of-Pyramid technology use
Wakefield, R., and Wakefield, K. (2023). The Antecedents and Consequences of Intergroup Affective Polarization on Social Media. Information Systems Journal, forthcoming.
Wakefield, L. & Wakefield, R. (2018). Anxiety and Ephemeral Social Media Use in eWOM creation. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 41, 44-59.
Wakefield, R., & Wakefield, K. (2016). Social Media Network Behavior: A Study of User Passion and Affect. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 25(2), 140-156.
Garrison, G., Kim, S., & Wakefield, R. (2012). Factors Leading to the Successful Deployment of Cloud Computing. Communications of the ACM, 55(9), 62-68.
Wakefield, R., Leidner, D., & Garrison G. (2008). A Model of Conflict, Leadership and Performance in Virtual Teams. Information Systems Research, 19(4), 434-455.
Wakefield, R., Wakefield, K., & Baker, J. (2011). How Website Socialness Leads to Website Use. European Journal of Information Systems, 20, 118-132.