Xunyi Wang is an assistant professor in the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics at the Hankamer School of Business. He received his PhD from the State University of New York at Buffalo. His research interests are in the areas of digital platforms, the sharing economy, healthcare and gamification. His work examines the societal impact of digital platforms and user behaviors on those platforms. His research has been published in premier journals such as Information Systems Research, Production and Operations Management, Decision Support and Systems and Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. His work has been supported by Google Cloud Research Credits, and his research was nominated for the best paper at the Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST).
- 2020 – PhD, Management Science and Systems, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- 2016 – Master of Science, Finance, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- 2014 – Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathletics, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
- MIS 3305 – Management Information Systems
- Digital Platforms
- The Sharing Economy
- Han, W., Wang, X., Ahsen, M. E., & Wattal, S. (2022). The Societal Impact of Sharing Economy Platform Self-Regulations—An Empirical Investigation. Information Systems Research, forthcoming.
- Wang, X., Jiang, M., Han, W., & Qiu, L. (2022). Do Emotions Sell? The Impact of Emotional Expressions on Sales in the Space‐Sharing Economy. Production and Operations Management, 31(1), 65-82.
- Wang, X., Abdelhamid, M., & Sanders, G. L. (2021). Exploring the effects of psychological ownership, gaming motivations, and primary/secondary control on online game addiction. Decision Support Systems, 144, 113512.
- Gaia, J., Wang, X., Yoo, C. W., & Sanders, G. L. (2020). Good News and Bad News About Incentives to Violate the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA): Scenario-Based Questionnaire Study. JMIR medical informatics, 8(7), e15880.
- Wang, X., Parameswaran, S., Bagul, D. M., & Kishore, R. (2018). Can online social support be detrimental in stigmatized chronic diseases? A quadratic model of the effects of informational and emotional support on self-care behavior of HIV patients. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 25(8), 931-944.