Undergraduate Research Assistant (UGRA) Program
General Job Description
An ideal UGRA is interested in research and is a conscientious, hardworking student with strong attention to detail. Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Meeting with their assigned professor to learn about the research project and receive training on the research methodology.
- Proofreading papers and conducting citation reference checks.
- Conducting basic literature searches to locate existing studies and published scales.
- Searching for data, data scraping, and cleaning.
- Working with Qualtrics software to host surveys and communicate with participants.
- Managing social media accounts associated with the research (i.e., participant recruitment and communication), including Prolific or Amazon MTurk platforms.
- Helping enter or code data into Excel (or similar programs).
- Coordinating data collection sessions in a behavioral lab.
Job Skills (existing or willing to develop)
- Hard/Specialized Skills: Use of research databases, research software, and survey platforms.
- Soft Skills: Ability to communicate with research participants and research-active professors.
Compensation and Hours
- 10 hours a week
Guidelines for UGRA
Qualifications for Selection:
- Minimum GPA of 3.25
- Demonstrated experience in several aspects of the job description
- Aptitude for research
- Business Student
- Availability in schedule
- Must have completed a FAFSA.
Want to apply? Complete the UGRA application form today.