Holder of Helen Ligon Professorship of Information Systems; Professor
Cindy Riemenschneider is holder of the Helen Ligon Professorship of Information Systems and is a professor of Information Systems and Business Analytics in the Hankamer School of Business. She holds a PhD in Management Information Systems from the University of Texas at Arlington.
Riemenschneider currently serves as Chair of ACM Special Interest Group on Management Information Systems, an international organization. She is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery and the Association for Information Systems. She served as associate dean for Research and Faculty Development in the Hankamer School of Business from 2013-2019.
- 1997 – PhD, MIS, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- 1984 – MBA, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- 1983 – BBA, Management and Marketing, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- QBA 2302 – Business Data Analysis I
- QBA 3305 – Introduction to Business Analytics
- MIS 6310 – Foundations in Information Systems Research
- MIS 6320 – Quantitative Methods in Information Systems Research
- Information Technology Workforce Issues
- IT Professional Turnover and Turnaway Intention
- Women and Minorities in IT
- IT Department Transparency
- Riemenschneider, C., Armstrong, D. (2021) The Development of the Perceived Distinctiveness Antecedent of Information Systems Professional Identity, MIS Quarterly, 45(3), 1149-1186.
- Armstrong, D., Riemenschneider C., Giddens, L. (2018) The Barriers Facing Women in the Information Technology Profession: An Exploratory Investigation of Ahuja’s Model, Information Systems Journal, Vol. 28 Issue 6, 1082-1124.
- Tripp,J., Riemenschneider, C., and Thatcher, J. (2016) Job Satisfaction in Agile Development Teams: Agile Development as Work Redesign, Journal of the Association for Information Systems: Vol. 17: Iss. 4, Article 1.
- Windeler, J. and Riemenschneider, C. (March 2016) The Influence of Ethnicity on Organizational Commitment and Merit Pay of IT Workers: The Role of Leader Support, Information Systems Journal, Volume 26, Issue 2, 157–190.
- Armstrong, D., Brooks, J., and Riemenschneider, C. (September 2015) Exhaustion from Information Systems Career Experience: Implications for Turn-Away Intention, MIS Quarterly, Vol. 39, No. 3, 713-727.