Blaine McCormick is an award-winning Management professor at the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University. For many years, McCormick taught business acumen in the first-year business course to almost 500 students each semester. In the spring of 2009, Inc. magazine named his course one of the nine best entrepreneurship courses in the United States.
A nationally recognized scholar on the business practices of Benjamin Franklin, McCormick is interviewed frequently across all forms of media including the Forbes, Time, public radio and ABC World News Tonight. He often travels to developing countries to teach business lessons to undereducated entrepreneurs using only a bottle of Coca-Cola as a teaching aid.
A native Texan, McCormick grew up working in the cotton fields of West Texas. Before joining the Baylor faculty, he worked in the oil and gas industry. He lives in Woodway with his wife, Sarah.
- 1996 – PhD, Management, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- 1989 – MS, Human Resources Management, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- 1988 – BBA, Management, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas
- MGT 3325 – Operations Management
- MGT 4396 – Supply Chain Management Internship
- Benjamin Franklin
- Greatest Entrepreneurs and Businesspeople in American History
- McCormick, B. & Folsom, B.W. (2020) The greatest enterpreneurs and businesspeople in American history: A replication of the 2001 ranking. Cogent Business & Management, 7(1): 1735804. (doi.org/10.1080/23311975.2020.1735804)
- Meyer, C.J., McCormick, B., & Osler, M. (2019) Negotiation lessons from former wiseguy, Michael Franzese. Journal of Management Inquiry, 28(4): 431-440. (doi.org/10.1177/1056492618818380)
- Strakos, J.K., McCormick, B., & Douglas, M.A. (2019) Supply chain management: Perspectives from Christian ethics. Christian Business Review, 8:35-44.
- McCormick, B. & Gray. V. (2011) Message in a bottle: Basic business lessons for entrepreneurs using only a soft drink. Journal of Management Education, 35(2): 282-310.
- McCormick, B. & Folsom, B. (Winter 2003) A Survey of Business Historians on America’s Greatest Entrepreneurs. Business History Review, 77: 703-716.
Foster Business and Innovation 220.35