Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship
Gabriella Cacciotti is an assistant professor in Entrepreneurship. Before joining the Department of Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation at Baylor University, she was an assistant professor in Entrepreneurship at Warwick Business School in the United Kingdom. She was a post-doctoral researcher at Aalto University School of Business in Helsinki, Finland, for two years after completing her doctoral studies at Warwick Business School. Cacciotti’s research interests focus on the role of cognition and emotions within the entrepreneurial process. She is the recipient of the 2016 NFIB Best Dissertation Award from the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of Management. Cacciotti has been selected in the 2019 Thinkers50 Radar Group. Her research has been published in the Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, International Journal of Management Reviews, and other journals.
- 2015 - PhD, Entrepreneurship, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
- 2009 - Double Master’s Degree, International Management, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, and Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- 2007 - Bachelor’s degree, Business Administration, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
- ENT 3320 – Entrepreneurial Process
- ENT 4398 – Special Studies in Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Fear of Failure
- Entrepreneurial Emotions
- Entrepreneurial Resilience
- Vulnerability And Entrepreneurship
- Ahmed, A., Ucbasaran, D., Cacciotti, G., Williams, T.A. 2021. Integrating psychological resilience, stress and coping in entrepreneurship: a critical review and research agenda. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice.
- Cacciotti, G, Hayton, J, Mitchell, R., Allen, D. 2020. A measure of fear of failure in entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Venturing, 35(5).
- Kibler, E., Wincent, J., Kautonen, T., Cacciotti, G, Obschinka, M. 2019. Can prosocial motivation harm entrepreneurs’ subjective well-being? Journal of Business Venturing, 34(4), 608-624.
- Munoz, P., Cacciotti, G., Cohen, B. 2018. The double-edged sword of purpose-driven behavior in sustainable venturing. Journal of Business Venturing, 33(2), 149-178.
- Cacciotti, G., Hayton, J.C., Mitchell, R., & Giazitzoglu, A. 2016. A reconceptualization of fear of failure in entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Venturing, 31, 302–325.