Gia M. Chevis
Director of Innovation in Accounting Data & Analytics; PwC Professor of Teaching Excellence; Clinical Professor
Gia M. Chevis is the director of Innovation in Accounting Data and Analytics and clinical professor in the Department of Accounting and Business Law. She holds a PhD in Accounting with a specialty in Finance from Texas A&M University – College Station. Chevis is also the holder of the PwC Professor of Teaching Excellence fellowship and a Certified Management Accountant. She was in the inaugural class of Baylor Fellows and was a KPMG Professor in Residence.
Chevis is the current president of the International Accounting Section of the American Accounting Association and is chair-elect of the Baylor University Faculty Senate. She is also a member of the European Accounting Association Education Committee and the Journal of International Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation editorial board. She is a member of the American Accounting Association, European Accounting Association, Institute of Management Accountants, Association of International Certified Public Accountants, and the International Association for Accounting Education and Research.
- 2003 – PhD, Accounting, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- 1998 – BBA, Finance and Accounting, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- ACC 5312 – Data and Analytics in Accounting
- ACC 5390 – Accounting Research and Pedagogy
- Accounting Education
- Analytics and Technology in Accounting
- Accounting and Business Ethics
- Executive Compensation
- Chevis, G. M., & Rose, J. T. (2014). Nelson Guitars, Inc.: A Case Illustrating the Risk-Reward Trade-Off from Operating Leverage. International Research Journal of Applied Finance, 5.
- Chevis, G. M., & Rose, J. T. (2013). Clarifying the Risk-Return Implications of Operating Leverage as Presented in the Sales-NOI Relationship. Journal of Financial Education, Spring.
- Chevis, G. M., & Stuebs, M. (2012). What Ethics Lie Beyond Oil? Journal of Accounting Education, 30(3), 307-324.
- Chevis, G. M., Robinson, M. A., & Wilkinson, B. (2012). Transfer Pricing Concepts and Practices. Today’s CPA, 40(1), 34-40.
- Chevis, G. M., Davis, C. E., & Hurtt, R. K. (2011). Backpack to Briefcase: The Transition from Student to Accounting Professional. Advances in Accounting Education, 12, 33-52.
Foster Business and Innovation 110.06
One Bear Place #98002
Waco, TX 76706