S. Owen Davidson
Owen Davidson, PhD, is an assistant professor in the Department of Accounting and Business Law. Davidson obtained his BBA in Accounting, MAcc, and PhD in Business Administration from the University of Georgia.
Davidson joined Baylor University in 2022, where he teaches financial accounting. Previously he taught financial accounting at the University of Georgia. His research focuses on the capital market consequences of accounting information, and generally has implications for financial market regulations.
Prior to academia, Davidson worked as an assurance associate with PwC, a senior consultant with FTI Consulting, and as an accounting manager for an early-stage medical technology company.
- 2022 – PhD in Business Administration, Accounting, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- 2013 – MAcc, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- 2012 – BBA, Accounting, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- ACC 3301 – Financial Accounting and Reporting I
- Financial Archival
- Financial Reporting Quality
- Disclosure Regulation
Foster Business and Innovation 110.01